Sunday, April 7, 2013

Two-race day


The inagural Texas 10 Series race was held in Huntsville this morning.  First class 10 and 5-mile race.  I ran the hilly 10-mile course in 2:05:24 and received a nice finishers medal.  Since I was the only runner in the 70 & over age group, I won first place.  With that, I received a second medal and a free entry into next year's race.  It was nice to be able to get up and go to a race in Huntsville, without having to be there early to put out signs, register runners or set up a race clock or the finish line chute.  The next Texas 10 Series is in Waco on November 3 and I plan to be there.
This evening, I went down to The Woodlands to run the Sunday Night 5K.  I really felt tired, but finished in a "normal" 36:49.  My wife realized that this race is close to Trader Joes and she gave me a shopping list for there and at one other store in The Woodlands.  So, I did not get home until later tonight.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Good day Ken. You look happy in the photo. We may not have outran many, but we have outlasted countless participants. some of those speed merchants of yesteryear may be on walkers by now and the Ken is still going and going...last man standing trophy