Saturday, April 6, 2013

Superhero Dash 10K

I drove 65 miles east this morning to the Alabama-Coushatta Indian Reservation for the Superhero Dash 10K.  I have run a couple races at the reservation, but it has been many years ago.  For April, it was really cool, but perfect running weather.  The course was all through the forest, mostly on a single lane paved asphalt road.  It was a little hilly, but one of the best courses I have run.  Most ran the 5K, but the 10K was a single loop without any out and backs.  I finished in 1:12 something, a minute or so faster than last Saturday.  It was good enough for 2nd in the 60 and over age group.  They had hamburgers after the race.  I had a chance to visit with friends and meet some others, including the doctor from Austin who was first in my age group.  Later this afternoon back in Huntsville, I picked up my packet for the Texas 10-Miler tomorrow morning.

No comments: