Friday, January 13, 2012

Expo

I drove down to Houston late this morning for the Houston Marathon Expo. I picked up my packet, bought some new running shorts and visited with a lot of friends, including Bridgette Collins of Dallas. Bridgette and I worked together in Huntsville back in the early 90's. Other friennds included Loren Sheffer, Ben Harvie, Mark Robinson, Chris Dunkle, June Harris, Mihaela Mullins and Ron Berglund. I watched presentations by Bill Rodgers and Joan Benoit.
I am still undecided about running the marathon on Sunday, but am leaning toward not running. It hurts just to sit on my hamstring. I intended to run Memorial Park in Houston while down there, but I needed to get out of town fast to beat the Friday evening traffic jam up I-45. I left at 3:15 and still got caught up in it. I stopped at a couple stores on the way home and it was getting dark by the time I got back to Huntsville. So, I went to the track and ran laps.

No comments: