Saturday, February 12, 2011

Signed up for the Athens Marathon

My marathon schedule for the remainder of the season is now set. I wanted to run one in Athens, Greece, but the trip would be too expensive. I settled for Athens, Ohio on April 3. I thought about the Salt Lake City Marathon or one in Kansas City, but I have spent time in both of those places. I have never been to Athens, Ohio, so I will go there. That gives me 7 more marathons to run this season, with the last being the Big D Marathon in Dallas on April 10. Scroll to the bottom of this page for the schedule.
There were some good races around this morning, but I had to speak to a group of Boy Scouts in a classroom at the university this morning. My topic was military service. My co-speaker was an Army major from Sam Houston State ROTC. The question of the day: "What countries have ya'll occupied?"
The weather was beautiful today in Huntsville. I went out to the park this afternoon and did a 7-mile solo run on the trails. Lots of bikers and hikers.

No comments: