Friday, February 18, 2011

Marathon Prep

My left foot was very sore and swollen today, so I ran a gimpy mile at the track this afternoon. Tomorrow, I am going down to Spring for a 5K race. Then, I will leave for Austin tomorrow afternoon for the marathon on Sunday. Tonight. I did my normal marathon preparation. Besides my running clothes, here is what I packed:
  • 2 bandaids for my nipples
  • Vaseline
  • 3 Power Bars to have with my coffee on Sunday morning before the race
  • 4 extra safety pins, in case I lose those in my packet
  • MP3 player with a fresh battery. Player is loaded with Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Texas Tornadoes, Johnny Horton, Ray Price and polka music.
  • Camera
  • Ibuprofen tablets for after the race
  • 1 Fanny pack to carry the following during the race: 4 packets of GU and 12 electrolyte capsules

No comments: