Friday, August 13, 2010

This Year and Last Year

With my first marathon of the season coming up on 10/10, I have been worried about getting my distance up and doing it in the heat. Last year, I ran my first marathon (actually a 50K) on 10/31. During the period 7/1 to 8/12, I ran a total of 122.5 miles. My first training run over 10 miles was not until 9/27, just over a month before the 50K. During the period 7/1 to 8/12 this year, I ran a total of 146.3 miles, a significant increase over last year. With all that said and considered, I am not so worried about being behind in my distance training. I will find days when it is not so hot to do my longer runs. Come early September, though, I'll being doing those long runs once a week regardless of the temperature.
Today was Friday, so I skipped my workout at Nautilus and ran 3 miles on the roads in town.

No comments: