Monday, August 2, 2010

Marathon Plans for Season

I have been working on my marathon plans for this season (October 2010 - March 2011). Running 13 last season, including 2 in one weekend, gave me more confidence. And, I know how important the mental game is. My game plan includes marathons for 6 consecutive weekends starting October 10 and my first 50-miler in February. I am also thinking about Grandma's Marathon in Minnesota in June, right after my 70th birthday in May. I also plan to add Larry Yeagle Trail Marathon in March, if they schedule on an open weekend. In the meantime, I worked out at Nautilus this evening and then ran 3 miles on the roads in town in temperatures near 100. Here is my list (* means that I have already registered):

October 10 - Tyler Rose Marathon, Tyler, Texas*
October 16 - Marathon 2 Marathon, Alpine to Marathon, Texas*
October 23 - Frankenthon Monster Marathon, Cedar Park, Texas*
October 30 - Marathoning for Miracles, Abilene, Texas*
November 6 - Rocky Raccoon 50K (31 miles), Huntsville State Park*
November 14 - Fort Worth Marathon
December 5 - White Rock Marathon, Dallas*
December 11 - Texas Trail 50K, Huntsville State Park
January 1 - Texas Marathon, Kingwood*
January 8 - Mississippi Blues Marathon, Jackson, Mississippi
January 16 - USA Fit Marathon, Sugar Land, Texas*
January 30 - Houston Marathon*
February 5 - Rocky Raccoon 50-Miler, Huntsville State Park*
February 20 - Austin Marathon*
February 26 - Surfside Beach Marathon, Surfside Beach, Texas*
March 12 - Gusher Marathon, Beaumont, Texas
March 20 - Seabrook Trail Marathon, Seabrook, Texas

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Amazing ! Ken, you just get better as time passes and, I might say, more adventurous with yourself. You make me smile with all these plans....

I can remember when I thought 5 marathons in 3 months was a lot but 6 in 6 weeks...unbelieveable!