Saturday, August 21, 2010

Heat Wave 5K

I ran the Heat Wave 5K in Huntsville this morning. At about 2 miles, my right hamstring started hurting and I assume it was from the fall on Thursday. After a quarter mile or so, it eased up and I finished okay. My time was 34:33. After the race, I joined Ben Harvie, Pam Smithwick, True and Esther Cousins and Barbara Chenette at the Cafe Texan for breakfast. We had a good time. While there, a classmate of mine from Tyler HS Class of 59 came in. She was down from Tyler to get her grand daughter enrolled at Sam Houston. That was a nice surprize; I had not seen her since the last class reunion. Later this afternoon, Marilynn and our son, Ben, drove up to Lake Palestine near Tyler for a family get-together at my nephew's lake house. Just got back.

No comments: