Monday, May 10, 2010

Back from Yuma (via Los Angeles)

Last Tuesday, I drove out to Yuma, Arizona with my Marine son, who had to return to his duty station. My daughter is married to a Marine and they are also stationed at the Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma. Tuesday evening, I ran in Van Horn (middle of nowhere in west Texas) on the way to Arizona. During the rest of the trip, I ran on the Air Station. The temperature was in the high 90's and yesterday there was high wind with dust. The nice thing about running on the Air Station is that cell phones are not allowed while you are driving and the highest speed limit is 25 mph. People are actually paying attention to their driving. I had a nice visit with my family (including two grand kids). This morning, I flew west from Yuma to Los Angeles and then got a flight to Houston. After driving back to Huntsville, I worked out at Nautilus and then ran 3-miles on the roads in town.

No comments: