Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cowtown Marathon

I ran the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth this morning. My time was 5:49:57 (4th of 6 in my age group). The weather was perfect; 35 at the start, sunny and it got up to 62 during the race. I have run Cowtown twice before, but the last time was 2002 and the course has changed completely since then. Much hillier now. At mile 11, I got dizzy and nearly fell. I walked a bit and started running again. Almost fell again. I made it to Mile 12 aid station, took a couple electrolyte capsules, a gel and lots of water and Powerade. Every station after that, I took on much more fluids. I felt okay after I got better hydrated and finished strong. I got home about 6 p.m. and went to the Sam Houston - Texas at Arlington basketball game. As expected, Sam won easily.

No comments: