Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Darn Big Toe

My big toe may be infected. In the Surfside Beach Marathon last Saturday, I ran the last 14 miles with wet socks and shoes and somehow my big toe was red and the nail black after the race. Now, it seems to be getting worse. I'll see how it feels tomorrow. I hate to bother my doctor with a sore toe. We had a large group this evening to run the avenues. I did not Avenues 5K course. I ran most of it with Norman, but some lady whose I use to work with drove by. She stopped and we visited for a while. Norman left me.

4 comments:

Vince A. said...

...hey I destroyed one each at Dallas and Houston, it only "seems" like it's broken and infected for a couple of weeks, I do miss those guys now...

Streaker said...

You are probably right. It's not any worse today and I don't have red streaks running up my leg. Are you going to Boston?

Vince A. said...

Oh the "Heartbreak" - race registration closed exactly two hours before I tried to register (three weeks ago). I'm just now getting over it, I think.

So I'll look for another spring race and I told my boss that I will be off on vacation on April 19th of 2010.....

Streaker said...

Sorry to hear that. Did the disappointment cause you to break your streak?