Monday, February 16, 2009

Bad Trip

A bunch of us ran trails this morning. The group included Hans, John, Lavonne, Robert and Mike Villa. In the first few steps, I tripped on a root and went through a wild gyration trying to keep from falling. In doing so, I pulled something in my left knee. I went ahead and completed the run with periodic pain, depending my footing. The rest of the group left for another five miles and I went home and iced my knee. I think it will be okay. I do not have another race until the club 5K on February 28 and the Armadillo Dash Half Marathon on March 1.
Yesterday, I received an invitation to my 50th high school class reunion in Tyler on May 15 and 16. My, how time flies. I did not attend one for the first 20 years, but have been to the last few. People really change, not only in appearance but in attitude. Then, some do not change at all. My old girlfriend, Peggy Sue, still looked good at the last one.

No comments: