Thursday, October 16, 2008

Frustrated

A couple days ago, my allergies started acting up and my throat is sore and my sinuses stopped up. I get it every year and have learned to live (and run) with it. This evening, I went to Nautilus and did my normal workout and then went to run a mile at the track. After the run, I started getting sharp pains in my right knee (besides the normal pain in both knees). I have been icing it and wondering what the heck I did. I am suppose to leave early tomorrow morning for an all day drive to Alpine for the marathon. Now, I don't know. My thinking now is to go get my Friday run in after midnight tonight and then see what happens to the sharp pain in my right knee. I would sure hate to drive all the way to Alpine, start the marathon and then have to DNF. So, if I don't blog tomorrow, that means I went to Alpine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you make the trip. I know you've been looking forward to it. If you go, be careful and GOOD LUCK (with your knee and the race).

Curtis said...

I really hope that you are able to get to Alpine. Make sure you use plenty of ice and elevate the leg. I think it's still possible for you to do it without injuring yourself. Take care of yourself and good luck Ken!