Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back to the Park

I met Phillip, Hans and Chris at the park this evening (Wednesday). While they did their usual 4.5 mile trail run, I did 3 on the roads. SHRC member, Keelie Hughes, was biking on the road and I stopped and visited with her a few minutes. My plan is not to step foot on the trails again until the Rocky Raccoon 25K on November 8. This will be my 8th straight Rocky Raccoon 25K, so I will risk my hamstring for that. In any case, it will be a good training run for the San Antonio Marathon the next weekend. Marilynn and I are looking forward to a weekend in San Antonio. She lived at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio as a kid, when her dad, an Army colonel, was stationed there. I was also stationed at Fort Sam Houston as an Army private in 1961. San Antonio has always been one of our favorite places to visit.

No comments: