Saturday, August 16, 2008

Still Recovering

Ben called me at 6 a.m. this morning when he got off work. His car would not start. He got a jump and brought it over to my house. I ended up spending most of the morning working on his car. I also received several calls from Tyler, as my oldest brother, who will be 84 next month, is in ICU at the hospital. In anticipation of maybe having to drive to Tyler today, I went to the track in the early afternoon and did an easy, but painful, one mile run. I may go up to Tyler tomorrow.
I did watch the Olympic Marathon this evening. I am humbled by the fact that if I were participating, I would still be on the course. The winner was from Romania. Seven Hills Running Club member and marathon runner, Mihaela Mullin from Kingwood, is also from Romania. She has good reason to be proud.

No comments: