Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back in Town

Marilynn, Ben and I returned from Tyler this evening. We attended my brother's visitation yesterday and funeral this morning. Since he was a Tyler firefighter for 46 years and the Assistant Chief for the last 25 years of his career, the Tyler Fire Department was at the visitation and funeral in force. In fact, at the cemetery, they had four large trucks with their lights on and three bag pipers. The family really appreciated the honor. Mickey's oldest son is a DPS sergeant in Palestine, so there were about 30 state troopers at the funeral. We will miss Mickey. His obtituary is here.
I went to the track and ran laps when I got home. The hamstring is a little better. I have an appointment at the Chiropractor tomorrow morning for a third treatment. I have not given up on doing the Marathon 2 Marathon on October 18. Heck, I don't think they have a time limit.

1 comment:

K said...

Your brother is obviously a true hero to our world. Continued prayers for he and your entire family.