Friday, August 15, 2008

Back from the Desert

Marilynn and I drove out to Yuma, Arizona with Timothy on August 5. He will be stationed there at the Marine Air Station. Our daughter, Mary and her Marine husband, Eric, are also there. We all stayed with Mary and Eric and their little Phillip and Emma. We had a great time. Enroute to Yuma, we spent the night in Van Horn, Texas and I got in a run there. I ran at the Marine Air Station in Yuma about 6 p.m. every night when the temperature was down to 106. The hamstring felt okay until our last night there. I ran a mile on the asphalt road and then turned onto a sandy trail in the desert. For some reason the hamstring started really hurting. I ended up walking back to the house. We flew back home yesterday and I ran at the track late last night. I went to the doctor this morning and luckily they started treatment on my hamstring before lunch. I have another appointment Monday morning. I ran laps at the track this evening. I'll continue to take it easy for a few days and then try to do longer runs on the roads. Tripping on those roots at the park seems to aggravate my hamstring and it's only 2 months before the Marathon 2 Marathon.