Monday, April 6, 2020

The end of my streak may be in sight

For the last few weeks, I have been tired and sleepy all day and my resting pulse rate has been averaging about 42..  Getting started on a run is tough.  I had a regular appointment with my cardiologist today.  Despite being on a CPAP machine to eliminate sleep apnea, which was suppose to be the cause of my Afib, the Afib continues and is resulting in a low pulse rate.  The doctor says that I need a pacemaker.  He said that there is no way I can run for two weeks after the implant, since it includes implanting wires into the chest.  They have to heal.  Because of COVID19, only emergency surgery is allowed in Texas.  So, I have to wait until this is all over.  In the meantime, I will keep my streak going.  This afternoon, I mowed the yard and ran 1.3 miles in the avenues.

No comments: