Monday, November 26, 2018

New issue

I have not mentioned this in my blog, but a couple months ago, I started developing pain in my right shoulder.  I'm not sure what caused it, lifting weights or falling at the park.  I kept hoping it would just go away.  Nearly a month ago, I self-diagnosed it as a rotator cuff tear, but the earliest I could get a doctor's appointment is December 3, 2018.   Back in 1995, I fell on concrete and tore my left rotator cuff.  I had to have major surgery to get it fixed and was in the hospital for a couple days.  The following year, I tore my right rotator cuff water skiing, but was able to get it fixed with arthroscopic surgery.  So, I know what a torn rotator cuff feels like.  Anyway, in the last two weeks it has become more painful and I am very limited to what I can do with my right arm.  I have been taking Aleeve to reduce the continuous pain.  My appointment is a week from today, but it will be a long week.  Assuming I have to have surgery, it may be a streak breaker.  I'll have to wait and see.  Late this afternoon, I worked out at Iron Works (obviously no lifting with my arms) and went to the park and ran a 1.4-mile loop on the trails

No comments: