Saturday, February 7, 2015

Katy Half Marathon

I went to bed real early last night (10:30), but woke up about 2 a.m. and could never go back to sleep.  So, about 3:15, I got out of bed, showered and got dressed.  I left the house about 3:45 and drove 94 miles down to Katy to run the Katy Half Marathon.  I  got a parking place about 100 feet from the start/finish area at the Katy Mills Mall.  There were over 2,000 running the half and a bunch more doing the 5K.  The half was suppose to start at 6:30, but was 10 minutes late.  The temperature was in the 40's and 50's during the race.  It was foggy until the sun came out late in the race and cleared things out.  I finished in 2:54:05, a few minutes faster than my last half.  They said that the race results were messed up and that they would mail the age group awards out later.  According to what is posted online now, I was 3rd of 4 in the 70-74 age group.  They were also suppose to give out caps, but they did not arrive in time for the race.  They said they would mail those two.  That's going to be a big postage bill.  There was a long line for the beer and another long line for the food.  After driving back to Huntsville, I took a much needed nap.  This evening, I went out to the state park and visited friends at the Rocky Raccoon 50 Miler start/finish line.  I suppose that it was also good weather for running 50 miles.

No comments: