Thursday, July 4, 2013

Stu's Country Mile 5K

For the 18th consecutive year, I ran Stu's Country Mile 5K in Centerville this morning.  The race is getting big, probably 75 runners now.  The race starts and finishes on the downtown square in the middle of the local 4th of July celebration.  We had a lot of club members there, plus I ran into a lot of old friends.  It is the only race I know that has a $10 entry free, T-shirts, refreshments and big trophies.  I ran a slow 38:44 and was 3rd of six in my age group.  They gave trophies only to the top two.  After the race, a bunch of us went to the Town Cafe for breakfast and then hung around for the parade.  My friend, Bill Moeller from Spring was there and so was Jennifer Sullivan of Madisonville.  I met Jennifer back in the 90's at some races in College Station.  She was in vet school.  She has long since graduated and has a vet clinic in Madisonville.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

You are quite the historian, Ken. I noticed a lot of PRS in 1987 and 1988....those were good speed years for you...about the time the club was being formed in HV

Streaker said...

Pat Pierce was at Stu's yesterday. We looked for you. Hope you are doing well. Instead of PR's, I get PW's now.