Sunday, June 9, 2013

Broken down

I'm almost broken down, but my lawn mower really is.  I was halfway through mowing the front yard on my riding lawn mower this afternoon, when it quit on me.  I pushed it in the garage and soon found out that I had a broken transmission drive belt.  I had to remove a lot of parts just to get the broken belt out.  According to the manual that came with the mower, I have to have a real mechanic install the new one.  So, tomorrow morning, I will drive down to the Western Auto store in Conroe and buy a new belt.  Then, I will have to load up the mower in my pickup (not an easy task) and take it to the local lawnmower repair place.  The real challenge will be getting them to install the belt before my grass gets too long to mow, or at least the half that did not get mowed today.
To work off my frustration, I went into town and ran an unplanned route on the streets.  It turned out to be 3.9 miles.

No comments: