Friday, February 3, 2012

Compromise

Having pretty much decided not to run tomorrow because of my injury, I went out to the park this afternoon to pick up my packet for the Rocky Raccoon 50-Miler. I met up with a bunch of friends and we visited for a while. Then, I ran 1 mile+ on the trails before a storm came through. When I got home and looked in my packet, I found my non-disposable chip. So, that means I have to take it back out there tomorrow. I have decided to compromise. I will turn in my chip before the race, put on my race number and run one of the three 16.67-mile loops. My hamstring should be able to survive the distance and recover for marathons the next two weekends. There is a 90 percent chance of thunderstorms throughout the morning, so it should be fun. That will be on top of all the rain tonight and in the last few days.

No comments: