Friday, June 3, 2011

Grandkid Challenge

Last year, I told all five of my grandkids that I would give them $100 if they beat me a 5K race. I did this to encourage them to take up the sport of running at an early age. My grandson, Phillip, who is 7, is the first one to challenge me. He will race me at the Run the Woodlands 5K next Saturday, June 11. He and his family are moving from Arizona to North Carolina and they will be visiting next week. His dad is a Marine and is already in North Carolina. His mom has been training him in the Arizona heat. I wish him luck. The good news for him is that my leg is still sore. I took some Ibuprofen with my lunch, ran a mile at the track this evening and took more Ibuprofen with dinner. I have two 5K's this weekend and will take it easy in both.

No comments: