Thursday, October 9, 2008

Resting for the Half

I didn't get much sleep last night. I was awake thinking about all the stuff I had to do to get things ready for the Huntsville Half Marathon on Saturday. It would be easy if I just could only run it. I went through a long list of places I had to go, things I had to buy and things I had to do. Finally squeezed in a 2-mile run on the road. While running through the campus, I got stopped by a girl that worked on my hamstring at the doc's office. We had a short visit and I recruited her as a volunteer road guard on Curtis' committee. When I got back to the track, I also recruited a guy who use to work for me when I worked for a living. Then, I met Curtis and Phillip (now two less volunteers short) and we drove the half marathon course and checked and marked all the mile markers. After that, we had the packet stuffing party at my house. Thanks to Marilynn, Lavonne, Phillip, Kathy Cook and all the Langwells, we got it done in a couple hours. I have a lot more to do tomorrow. Looks like the weather will be nice on Saturday, but maybe a little on the warm side.

2 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Ken, I'll be there at 6 on Saturday. It's my job tomorrow to do what you need so you CAN just run it. :)

K said...

I'll be there too! I'm happy to do anything except run.