Saturday, September 22, 2018

Woodforest Charity 10K


I made the easy 30-minute drive down to Conroe to run the Woodforest Charity 10K this morning.  Flat course around downtown Conroe and a big complicated loop through some neighborhoods.   The forecast called for a good chance of thunderstorms.  Instead, it was 80 degrees and about 100% humidity.  That's three 10K's in a row with hot and humid conditions.  I finished in 1:32:33, 20 seconds faster than my 10K last Sunday.  I was one of one in the 70 and over age group.  In the photo, my good streaker friend, Vincent Attanucci of The Woodlands, is standing by as I finished.  His streak is nearing 16 years.  The race today was my 48th for the year.

2 comments:

Vince A. said...

Well done Ken; so cool to see you in!

Streaker said...

Thanks, Vince.