Saturday, June 10, 2017

Greyhound 5K

For the 6th straight year and 7th time, I ran the Greyhound 5K in Kosse, Texas.  This is a small town about 88 miles from my house.  It turned out to be a bad day.  About a half mile into the race, I experienced a bad pain in my right hip.  I suppose it is where the hamstring connects to the butt.  I nearly collapsed.  I thought that I need to stop and go back, but I started thinking about the fact that I have never had a DNF (Did not Finish).  I kept going, although slowly.  I kept an easy pace and the pain dulled somewhat.  It started grabbing me again with about a half mile to go.  I limped across the finish line in 45:53 (2nd in 70 and over age group).  After the race, a couple good friends and I had breakfast at the Kosse Cafe.  When I got home, I went back to the heating pad and Ibuprofen.  Right now, I cannot imagine running even a mile tomorrow.  Monday, I need to go to the doctor and start getting it treated.  Maybe Cryotherapy will help.

No comments: