Thursday, February 23, 2017

Ran with the Raven


Yesterday, I flew down to Miami to run with the Raven on South Miami Beach.  Raven Kraft has run 8 miles on the South Miami Beach every single day for over 42 years.  I have known him through a common friend here in Huntsville and we have stayed in touch for several years.  However, I never met him in person until yesterday.  I ran the 8 miles with him and we swapped a lot of stories.  He has had runners from 88 countries and all 50 U.S. states run with him.  There are many articles written about him and a movie.  A book on him will be out in about 3 weeks.  My flight to Miami was delayed about 2 hours and it was pouring down raining when I got there.  I barely made it to the beach on time.  It was raining hard and I changed into my running clothes next to the beach in my rental car.  By the time I finished changing, it stopped raining.  Raven's web site is http://ravenrun.net.  He is the most dedicated and inspirational runner I have ever met.
     This morning, I got up at the hotel and went for a run on my own.  I ran for about 1.5 miles and then played tourist.  I walked back to the hotel and took photos on the way.  Then, I flew back to Houston and got home this evening.

No comments: