Saturday, February 11, 2017

Miles for Meals 5K

The inaugural  Miles for Meals 5K was held in Conroe this morning.  They rented our club's clock and inflatable arch and I took them down and set them up.  I had a rough night last night and was up many times.  I had a little coffee before I left the house and my wife gave me a slice of toast to eat on the way down.  I really felt weak, but wanted to try to run the race anyway.  It did not start until 10 a.m., so it was pretty hot by then.  During the last mile, I did something that I do not normally do in a race - walk.  I finished in 44:24.  I had to go sit down.  Then, my vision started to go.  I drank two bottle of water as quickly as I could.  That cleared up the dehydration.  From there, I drove down to Houston to pick up my packet for the Rhythm and Blues Half Marathon tomorrow.  By then, I actually felt hungry.  There was a McDonald's across the street, so I had a hamburger and fries.  Later, I felt like I may lose it, but it stayed down.  I made a decision this evening not to run the half marathon tomorrow.  I have lost too much strength and I have never had a DNF.  So, I will have to add another half marathon to my schedule next year.

No comments: