Sunday, April 17, 2016

Texas Big Star Half Marathon

Friday afternoon, I drove up to Plano (north of Dallas) to pick up my packet for the Texas Big Star Half Marathon on Saturday in Frisco (more north of Dallas).  The race started and finished at Toyota Stadium, home of FC Dallas (soccer).  I had never run in Frisco and the course was unexpectedly hilly.  The temperature was in the 60's and it was very windy for the entire race.  I finished in 2:56:55.  There were only 2 others in the 70-74 age group and I was 3rd.  Nice race, but I never saw another runner who I knew. After the race, I got a free cyrotherapy session being given in a portable setup at the race.  For an initial session, they had the temperature a minus 90 degrees.  It ultimately goes up to minus 276 degrees.  I did not feel much of the cold during the session and did not feel anything different yesterday or today.  Maybe I need the 276.  I spent the night with my son and family in Wylie (northeast of Dallas) and drove back to Huntsville through heavy rains until well south of Dallas.  When I got back to Huntsville, I went to the track and ran laps.

No comments: