Sunday, April 24, 2016

Texas 10 Sienna

I got up at 4:30 a.m. this morning and left at 5 for the 1 hour and 45 minute drive down south of Houston to Missouri City to run the Texas 10 Series Sienna 10-miler.  It was two 5-mile loops on a very flat 100% concrete course.  It was a little warm for the 2nd loop.  I finished in 2:13:22 and was 3 of 3 in the 70 and over age group.  Best thing was that I got to visit with a lot of good friends.  I also ran into and had a nice visit with Susan Sternberg, who back in the 80's published a magazine in Houston, called Human Powered Sports.  It has probably been 25 years since I have seen her.

2 comments:

Susan Sternberg said...

It was great seeing you, too, Ken; you’re an inspiration! Good luck with your quest to finish (at least?) 101 half marathons!!

Streaker said...

Thanks, Susan. Keep me posted on your running. Look forward to seeing you again at another race.