Saturday, January 30, 2016

Wild Hog Trail Run 5K

I got up early this morning and drove nearly 100 miles to Bremond to run the Wild Hog Trail 5K.  Very technical and varied course.  It was a loop around a ranch a few miles outside of Bremond.  The course included course gravel, narrow trails through the woods with plenty of roots, embankments, hills and pasture land with plenty of cow patties, fire ants mounds and holes.  I took it easy and managed to avoid a fall or spraining an ankle.  According to my GPS, my time was 42:40 and the distance was 3.17 miles.  I was first of two in the 70 and over age group.  They had plenty of food and drink after the race and I got to visit with a lot of old friends.  After the race, I drove nearly an hour down to College Station to pick up my packet for the 10-miler there tomorrow morning.

No comments: