Saturday, January 23, 2016

Volleyball 5K and Buffalo Bayou Brewery Run



For the second year, I drove down to Willis to run the Volleyball 5K, put on by the Willis High School Volleyball team.  The temperature was right at freezing at race time.  The course was cross country.  Here is a photo of the start.  I'm in the yellow jacket and orange cap.  I finished in 39:16.  They did not give age group awards, but I received an award for being the oldest runner.  After that race, Melissa, one of our club members and friend of my niece in Houston, followed me down to Houston to the Buffalo Bayou Brewery Run and run with my niece, Amie.  Me and Melissa and Amie ran 3.63 miles and stayed together.  We had to make a lot of stops to cross busy streets and I ran into an old friend who happened to live on the course.  Of course, we had to stop and visit.  Anyway, it took us 51:34 to finish.  In the second photo, Melissa is to my right and Amie to my left.  After the race, we went to a nearby bar and grill and consumed more calories than burned in two races.

No comments: