Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Most of the day at the park

I went out to the park late this morning with an engineer wheel to measure trail distances for use in an upcoming race.  I walked with the wheel for about 7 miles.  My leg passed within 6 inches of the business end of a water moccasin.  Luckily, he was not too hungry.  As I reached the Nature Center, it started lightning.  I met Sibley Lovett from Houston, who just finished a training run for the Chicago Half Marathon.  We had a nice visit and she kindly gave me a ride to another trail head a mile away where my truck was parked.  I came back to the the park a couple hours later to measure a mile+ out and back part of the course.  After marking the turnaround point, I carried the wheel and ran back to the start.  So, I got in about 8 miles walking and a 1-mile+ run.  Still no rain at my house.

No comments: