Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Woodlands Half Marathon

I got up at 4:30 this morning to take my antibiotics and other pills and then make it down to The Woodlands for a 7 a.m. start of The Woodlands Half Marathon.  There was a light rain all the way down, but very little during the race  The temperature at the start was probably in the high 60's, with 100 % humidity.  There were a total of about 8,000 for the full, half marathon and the 5K.  Despite the heat and humidity and the sinus infection and the congestion, I felt rather well after I started running.  I finished in 2:59:24, which was good enough for 3rd place in my age group.  Actually, 10 hours would have been good enough for 3rd place.  My age group award was a chair.  They also gave those to the younger age groups, so they were not just for the older runners.

No comments: