Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I would have preferred not to run today

I did not mention it yesterday, but I pulled a hamstring in my left leg while running laps at the track.  Am not sure what happened.  It was surely not from going too fast.  I think it was more of a pull than a tear.  I put heat on it today.  My allergies from the last few days turned into a sinus infection.  I went to the doctor this afternoon and got antibiotics and a couple other things to take.  So, I have been in bed most of the day.  I really did not want to run this evening.  It was in the high 30's and I sure did not feel like running.  However, when you streak, you run, if possible.  I drove over to the track and ran a 1.3-mile course on the roads from there.  The hamstring felt like a knot for a while, but after that it was okay.  I put heat on it when I got home.  My focus now is being ready for The Woodlands Half Marathon on Saturday.  It is suppose to be much warmer by then; high of 75.

No comments: