Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Night 5K

I left Huntsville at 8:30 this morning for a drive up to my brother's place, northwest of Fort Worth.  He is very ill and my older brothers from Tyler were going to meet me to visit with him.  When I was 99 miles up I-45, my brother from Tyler called and said that it was necessary for the visit to be postponed.  I did a U-turn at the next exit and headed back to Huntsville.  I stopped in Teague for a late breakfast and got back home around noon.  This evening, I drove down to The Woodlands for the Sunday Night 5K.  Expecting that I-45 would be jammed because of people returning to Houston after the 4th of July weekend, I took the back roads.  It was a little farther, but I am sure I avoided stop and go traffic on I-45.  I think that this was my 41st time for running this race.  My time was 37:40.

No comments: