Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Interview this afternoon

I had to go to the Texas Prison Museum this afternoon for an on-camera history interview.  Next April 20, the museum will celebrate its 25th anniversary.  I came up with the idea for the museum back in the 80's, chaired the planning group and the non-profit corporation that opened and operates the museum.  I have not been involved with the museum since 1990, but it has been very successful.  It is on I-45 in Huntsville and has plans to expand.  That's great.

This evening, I worked out at Iron Works and ran an unplanned route in the avenues.  Turned out to be 1.9 miles.

Congratulations to Mark Covert, 62, of California, who today voluntarily ended this running streak of 45 years.  He was Number 1 on the U. S. streak list.  Wow, what an amazing feat.  Me, I'm 10 years older than Mark and Number 279 on the list.  I would say that I am moving up to 278, but they are always adding people to the list ahead of me.

No comments: