Friday, June 14, 2013

Interesting tour

My son works for a company that has a contract to work on construction of the new Exon-Mobil World Headquarters, just south of The Woodlands.  There are 3,500 workers at the site and it is the largest private construction project in the world; 20+ buildings, all connected by tunnels.  The centerpiece is a huge oak tree, which was transplanted from another location on the property (at a cost of $600,000).  The headquarters "campus" will be followed by a city, including 2,500 homes.  My son took my wife and I and his girlfriend on a driving tour of the site today.  Security was tight and no cameras were allowed.  The construction site is just off I-45.  Interestingly, at the next exit off I-45, there are Shell stations of 3 of the 4 corners of the exit.  Interesting tour.
This evening, I ran 1.3 miles on the roads; 5K here in Huntsville tomorrow.

No comments: