Saturday, June 8, 2013

Greyhound 5K

I got up early this morning and drove 90 miles up to Kosse, Texas to run the Greyhound 5K.  I always enjoy visiting with my friend, Dennis Alston, who runs this race every year.  He is 69 and has always been fast.  He was hurting this morning.  Five weeks ago, his bull threw him over a fence and broke two of his ribs and a vertabre.  Well, he still beat me this morning.  He's a tough old Marine.  I finished in 36:24, which was good enough for 1st in my 70 and over age group.  I also enjoyed visiting with my friend, Jon Walk from Spring, Texas.  He had a longer drive than I did.  We ran the race together.  After the race, I stopped in Centerville and had breakfast at the Town Cafe, the same place we have eaten for the last 17 years after the 5K in Centerville on July 4.

No comments: