Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Woodlands Marathon

My sinus's were draining so bad last night and my throat was very sore.  Only got a couple hours of sleep.  Got to The Woodlands about 5:45 for a 7 a.m. start.  It was cold and windy.  The marathon had nearly 1,000 finishers and a lot more runners in the half marathon, 5K and 2K.  All concrete and mostly flat.  I ran the whole thing and finished in 6:08:30, 16 seconds faster than my best time this year at the Louisiana Marathon, a few weeks ago.  Sure got to see a lot of friends on the course or along the course.  Even a cop at one of the intersections was a retired DPS trooper from Huntsville and a good friend.  I was 3rd in my age group.  Marathon 94 done.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Way to go Ken - the energizer bunny of the Seven Hills Running Club.