Sunday, March 17, 2013

Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon

I ran laps at the track yesterday and then drove down to Seabrook for the Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon.  With spring break is session, the traffic on I-45 and in the Seabrook on the coast was extremely heavy.  I-45 was jammed up north of Conroe this afternoon and I ended up taking Hwy. 75 back to Huntsville.  That was not any better; there was a 3-mile back up getting into New Waverly.  Finally, got home at 5 this evening.
I finished the marathon (4 loops on a 6.55-mile flat trail) in 6:25:54 and was 1st place of 5 runners in the 70-74 age group.  Nice finisher medal and glass mug age group award.  It was really warm (about 81 degrees) and I was hoping for a light rain on the last loop.  A dark cloud went by and I felt a couple drops, but that was it.  Got to visit with a lot of close friends and I always enjoy that.  Marathon 95 done!

No comments: