Thursday, October 4, 2012

New Streak List

Today, I received my quarterly magazine from the U.  S. Running Streak Association,  http://www.runeveryday.com.  I always look forward to reading the many stories about what people have done to keep streaks alive, stories about others who had to break their streak and the many accomplishments of the members of the Association.  I am member 23 of 446.  Great organization!  With my current streak, I am 285 on the list of 384.  That's the same spot as 3 months ago.  Some people ahead of you drop off the list and others with streaks longer than yours are added to the list ahead of you.  So, it is hard to move up.  If I had not broken my streak with the knee problem and taken those four days off in 2009, I would be 149 on the list and approaching 10 years.  I am still upset with the doctor, but that is an old issue.  I may be the only one on the active list with 3 retired streaks, 600 days, 1,811 days and 2,483 days.  I keep coming back for more.
After working out at Nautilus this evening, I met up with the group at the park and ran an easy 2 miles on the park roads.

No comments: