Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Centerville Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I will be running Stu's Country Mile 5K in Centerville, 45 minutes north of Huntsville.  It was in that race last year that I pulled the hamstring in my right leg.  Later, I tore the hamstring above the knee in my right leg and then pulled the hamstring in my left leg.  Then, in February, I fell and repulled the one in my left leg.  It has been a tough year.  I have run slow, ugly and at times in much pain.  For months, I felt like my legs were going to collapse - and at one point they did.   I managed to run 6 marathons, switched to the half in some others and skipped some others altogether.  Most of the pain is gone now and I am slowly rebuilding strength.  Through it all, however, I have kept my running streak alive.
This evening, I went to the park and ran the usual 2 miles on the park roads, while the others ran trails.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Centerville was the beginning of a tough year. Perhaps, it will be the beginning of one of your bests. I sure hope so. Go Ken!

Streaker said...

Just got home from Centerville, Marvin. I had a nice visit with our old friend, Pat Pierce.