Thursday, June 16, 2011

Doctor Results

I had my appointment with the doctor this afternoon. He did a rather thorough examination and then took an xray of my hip and lower back. He found arthritus in my lower back and thinks that is interfering with the sciatic nerve. That would be consistent with the symptoms that I have. He scheduled me for an MRI next Tuesday and another appointment with him on June 30. If that is the problem, he would recommend a shot of cortisone in the lower back. No mention of surgery.
This evening, I ran 3 miles on the trails with the group. It was somewhat painful, but tolerable.

2 comments:

JeanV3 said...

Ken,
If it is a matter of a cortisone shot.. excellent. However; i then urge you to take your MRI findings and all test results on your back to a reputable Chiropractor. Why? Because you will have an opportunity to reverse some of the damage. Get your spine back in its proper place. Also.... get a massage by a pro usually a good Dr of Chiropractic has one on staff. Now take it from someone who has been down this road. A medical doctor- some anyway are not keen on Chiropractors... why? Because of the myths surrounding this type of body work / healing... and it takes away from their own pocket book. Ken, do a bit of research even on what i say. Do what you must... but the body can repair itself if you understand it.
I have been there and was quite the skeptic on Chiropractors. No more. I climbed a 12 footer in Colorado w/ a 50 lb back pack after a chiro fixed me up. Best medical decision i ever made. Peace... and good running. : )

Streaker said...

Thanks, Jean. We have a good chiropractor (also a runner) in town and I have been treated by him before. After the results are in, I will visit with him.