Thursday, June 3, 2010

Marathon Schedule

I tend to run a lot of the same races every year. You can see my race streak list to the right. And, for the last three years, I completed the Texas Marathon Triple (Texas Marathon in January, Surfside Beach in February and Seabrook in March). This year, I also ran the Marathons of Texas (White Rock in Dallas in December, Houston in January and Austin in February). Surfside Beach and Austin were the same weekend in February, so I had to run two marathons in the same weekend. They announced today that Surfside Beach will be a week later next year, which means it will be a week later than Austin. So no repeat challenge in February. However, one of my streak races is the Sunmart/Texas Trail 50K in December and it will be on the 11th, the day before White Rock. New challenge, 50K on Saturday at Huntsville State Park and the White Rock Marathon in Dallas the next day. I'll have to think about that one. I am also thinking about trying the Rocky Raccoon 50-miler in February.
In the meantime, we had a lot of badly needed rain today. I went out to the park this evening and ran 3 miles on the park roads. The last mile was in the rain. That felt good.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

I tend to do the same events too. After doing a lot of events over a lot of years, like you, perhaps, we have just culled down to the ones that we like the most and we won't that good repeat experience.

Bad thing is that at my age, all the times I have done the same event have begun to assimulate themselves into one composite event.

Pretty ambitious thinking and planning Ken. I wish you well in it all.