Monday, June 7, 2010

Fixed the Lawn Mower

I finally figured out how to fix my riding lawn mower. It ended up being rather simple and the only expense was a $7 part. I had imagined taking it to a shop and not getting it back for weeks, while my almost one-acre lawn turned into a jungle.
The Houston Marathon announced today that registration for the January 30, 2011 race will be by lottery for the first time. Obviously, there are a lot of people upset about that. I have not heard of anyone complaining about the new $115 entry fee, though. They also announced that Houston Marathon Veterans (10 or more) can sign up without going through the lottery. This will be my 15th Houston and I plan on signing up. I had hoped to run the Miracle Match Marathon in Waco again in 2011, but it is on the same day as Houston. The number of marathons in Texas is growing each year and that is good.
After the normal workout at Nautilus this evening, I ran 3 miles around town and then took Marilynn out to an Italian restaurant for dinner.

No comments: