Saturday, December 5, 2009

Texas Trail 50K and Downhill Dash



It has been a long day. I got up early, picked up Chris Wilson and we met up with other club members at the park for the Texas Trail Runs, the replacement race for Sunmart. Most of us ran the 50K. The race started at 7:30 and the temperature was 25 degrees and only got up to 45 during the afternoon. While my running was rather slow, I did very little walking. I got distracted by some bikers and some other runners and fell twice during the first 12-mile+ loop. Not bad falls, though. I finished in 8:25:35, certainly not my best on this course, but not my worst. When you are 68 with bad knees, any finish is good.

The club held the Downhill Dash at 6 this evening. This was a 1.23-mile run down the Christmas Parade route, just before the parade began. I'm not sure how many runners we had. My job was to take the male and female winners with their trophies back to the parade start in my VW bug and give them a ride in the parade. Fernando Gonzales and Destiny Perrodin were the winners and they had a great time.

No comments: