Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting Ready for the Race Tomorrow

I'm helping the Alpha Delta Pi Sorority put on their Ronald Run for a Reason 5K on campus tomorrow morning. We got the race equipment out and ready to go. Julie and I drove the course one more time this evening to make sure they know where to place the signs. It looks like they have done a great job in the putting the race together and they already have 150 signed up. I ran trails this evening with Hans, John, Lavonne and Jan Parks. We did 4.2 miles. Curtis and Phillip started earlier and finished up just before us. My son, Ben, went to the SHSU baseball game tonight and called me to tell me that Seven Hills Running Club member, Sara Seale from North Zulch, was there. Sara graduated a couple years ago and has maintained her club membership. I made it to the game for the last inning and visited with Sara. She is doing well and hopes to end up in Huntsville in another year. We will see her for sure at the Polish Pickle 5K in Bremond in June.

No comments: