Saturday, April 26, 2008

New City of Huntsville 5K

Megan Crank, the City of Huntsville Recreation Director and newest member of the Seven Hills Running Club, put on the first ever city-sponsored race this morning. The official name of the race was the City of Huntsville & Wiesner-Huntsville 5K. She had 42 runners on the hilly Huntsville 5K course. I put out the signs early this morning and worked the finish line. Drew Bean, 19, of Orange was the overall winner with a time of 15:29. This is a new course record. The old record of 16:08 was set by Ben Schulz in the 2005 Huntsville 5K. Five-time Huntsville 5K winner, Carlo Deason, of Houston also ran this morning and posted a time of 17:58. Megan did a great job with the race and, hopefully, she will continue with the race next year.
Katy was not at the race and I am sure she will blog why not.
After gathering up all the equipment and signs, Marilynn and my son, Ben, and I met True and Esther Cousins at the Rodeo Mexican Restaurant for a healthy Mexican breakfast.
I took a nap and then ran an unplanned route on the streets of Huntsville. It turned out to be 3.5 miles.

1 comment:

Streaker said...

No, you're not. Maybe you just got too much sun in Mexico. I once ran a race and then looked down to realize that I was wearing two completely different shoes.